A couple months ago we began the journey of searching for that first and “perfect” home. We made the decision to purchase in or near the area we live in now and came up with a list of criteria. For us, size matters. We are hoping to find a home that is large enough not only for our clan, but for the ministry we do and hope to do. Extra rooms for teens or transients would be great and a space to continue our Wednesday dinners would be wonderful as well.
We have looked at a number of homes, but feel pulled toward one in particular. The location of this house is great and just couple blocks away; we would be able to continue to have a good presence in the neiborhood. And the home is more than large enough for hosting, taking people in and more. After prayer, consideration, looking at a few other houses, and a lot of back and fourth with the sellers, Stephen and our (wonderful) realtor drew up an offer.
That was over two weeks ago. The sellers of this house are in a bit of a financial bind and the entire process has been crazy and frustrating and ridiculuosuly long. At times we have waited over a week to get a response from the other party and at times we have just about given up. But God continues to give us both a sense of peace and patience (which is coming only from Him, cause if you know me I am an “all or nothing”, ”now or never” type of gal).
Last Thursday evening Stephen and I attended our church’s prayer group and we spend a little bit of time praying about this house. One of our friends asked that God would give us some kind of answer or direction even this week. On Friday I realized that the week was just about over and felt a bit of disappointment in my heart. On Saturday, Stephen read me an email from our realtor saying that their realtor would get back to us on Monday and that the owners are trying to determine if they can come up with the rest of what they owe beyond our offer (they owe more than the house is worth). The email also informed us that if they don’t sell before then, the house will be auctioned by police on the last day of this month.
There are so many directions things could go from here, and we really want to rest in God’s goodness regardless of the outcome. Will you pray with us about this house? If it’s God’s will that this should be our new haven, please pray that things work out in our favor. And if not, please pray that He would reveal a house to us when the time is right. And also, please pray for the sellers, that things would work out for them in a way that minimizes their loss.
We’ll keep you posted…